Man, 75, found dead in South Side apartment
August 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 75-year-old man is one of Chicago's latest murder victims.
Chicago police say the man was found dead with trauma to his head in an apartment in the 5600-block of South Racine in the Englewood neighborhood.
Neighbors say the victim owned the building and lived in one of the upstairs apartments despite a recent fire in the building.
Police say he died from blunt force trauma to the head.
Police were searching the building and at least one vehicle parked nearby for clues.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother 54 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos