Parachuter makes Air and Water Show jump memorable
August 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- This year's Air and Water Show will be very memorable for one couple as one parachuter made a very special ending to his jump.
Staff Sergeant Dan Cook commemorated his last jump by proposing to his girlfriend.
Leah Angott said yes. She apparently had no idea Cook was going to propose.
The two have been dating for a year.
Cook says it took him about three months to plan the proposal.
Saturday was Cook's last jump before he heads off to the U.S. Navy flight school.
- Spring-like temperatures to give way to snow 4 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts 37 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 23 min ago
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap 42 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
23 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos