Party celebrates South Side Little League team
August 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A South Side Little League team that flirted with history celebrated Saturday night.
Players, parents and fans from the Jackie Robinson West Little League team got together for a season-ending party.
The team was one game away from becoming the first all-African-American team from the city to qualify for the Little League World Series in 30 years.
Despite their loss in the regional championship last weekend, the 12- and 13-year-old players all got trophies and memories to last a lifetime.
- Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 19 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD