Summer break over Monday for Elgin school district
August 18, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- Summer break is winding down for students across Illinois and Monday will mark the first day of classes for the second largest school district in the state.
Elgin's U-46 school district will welcome back about 40,000 students from kindergarten through 12th grade Monday morning.
The district serves parts of 11 different communities in parts of Cook, DuPage, and Kane counties.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos