String of burglaries prompts Back of the Yards community alert
August 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An alert for residents in the Back of the Yards neighborhood has been issued following a string of burglaries.
There have been four incidents at schools and churches in the past two weeks.
Residents in the area are shocked by the crimes.
Police are urging residents to make sure all their doors and windows are locked and to keep their property well-lit.
They also say to call police if you see any suspicious activity.
There is no description on the suspect or suspects.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 31 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos