String of burglaries prompts Back of the Yards community alert
August 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An alert for residents in the Back of the Yards neighborhood has been issued following a string of burglaries.
There have been four incidents at schools and churches in the past two weeks.
Residents in the area are shocked by the crimes.
Police are urging residents to make sure all their doors and windows are locked and to keep their property well-lit.
They also say to call police if you see any suspicious activity.
There is no description on the suspect or suspects.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds