No injuries reported in South Side grocery store fire
August 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A fire caused extensive damage to a South Side grocery store early Monday morning.
Chopper 7 HD was over Clyde's Quality Foods in the 2000-block of East 79th Street Monday morning.
Firefighters were called to the scene just after midnight, but could not extinguish the blaze until just before 5 a.m.
The fire caused the roof of the store to collapse.
No one was injured.
chicago fire department, local
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 20 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 7 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Astronauts sail through repair spacewalks aboard ISS
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos