Boost in attendance at this year's Illinois State Fair
Monday, August 19, 2013
August 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Officials attribute the increase to pleasant weather.
The Illinois State Fair began Aug.8 and ended this past Sunday.Over 854,000 people attended this year's fair, a 3 percent increase from just one year ago.
Attendance at concerts was up nearly 2 percent as well.
(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus