ComEd substation fire knocks out power for some customers
August 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- About 700 people were without power about 6 p.m. Tuesday evening after a fire at a ComEd substation.
Smoke was pouring out of the facility at 95th and Cottage Grove on the city's South Side Tuesday.
The Chicago Fire Department sent hazardous materials crews to deal with oil in that substation.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 13 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
13 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos