Summer weather makes a comeback
August 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The hot temperatures and high humidity made it a perfect day to do absolutely nothing.
There are only certain summer days that qualify as "do nothing" day. There has to be the perfect anti-wind chill factor. It can be hot, but not unbearable. It is a day that makes people want to escape the air conditioning and venture into nature's conditioned air.
"Southwest wind, ah, it's the right temperature. There's breeze to keep you cool," said Ray Prendercast, a do-nothing fan.
Daniel Burnham, the great visionary, started it all many years ago when he said, make no big plans, do absolutely nothing. It isn't very difficult to find Chicagoans doing absolutely nothing either.
Mary Tao, from Chicago's South Side is an accomplished 'do nothing-er'. She said she does it all alone; just her and her thoughts.
"I'm just trying to relax my mind and get all the stress away," said Tao.
83-year-old Pauline Jackson said she's been very active all of her life, but today, just took a break.
"I'm just happy to be alive for 83 years. I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in."
Doing nothing, try it, it's easy.
local, frank mathie
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 32 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 19 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...