Summer weather makes a comeback
August 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The hot temperatures and high humidity made it a perfect day to do absolutely nothing.
There are only certain summer days that qualify as "do nothing" day. There has to be the perfect anti-wind chill factor. It can be hot, but not unbearable. It is a day that makes people want to escape the air conditioning and venture into nature's conditioned air.
"Southwest wind, ah, it's the right temperature. There's breeze to keep you cool," said Ray Prendercast, a do-nothing fan.
Daniel Burnham, the great visionary, started it all many years ago when he said, make no big plans, do absolutely nothing. It isn't very difficult to find Chicagoans doing absolutely nothing either.
Mary Tao, from Chicago's South Side is an accomplished 'do nothing-er'. She said she does it all alone; just her and her thoughts.
"I'm just trying to relax my mind and get all the stress away," said Tao.
83-year-old Pauline Jackson said she's been very active all of her life, but today, just took a break.
"I'm just happy to be alive for 83 years. I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in."
Doing nothing, try it, it's easy.
local, frank mathie
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 27 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 15, charged in shooting of boy, 14, on city's South Side 47 min ago
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says 58 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77