Marian McPartland, jazz pianist, dies at 95
August 21, 2013 (WLS) -- Jazz pianist Marian McPartland has died at the age of 95.
Word of her death comes from National Public Radio, where McPartland was the host of the show "Piano Jazz."
She became a fixture in the jazz world over a career that spanned more than six decades.
McPartland was married to Chicago cornetist Jimmy McPartland. He died in 1991.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 26 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured
- Family searching for missing Lansing man 54 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
26 min ago