Marian McPartland, jazz pianist, dies at 95
August 21, 2013 (WLS) -- Jazz pianist Marian McPartland has died at the age of 95.
Word of her death comes from National Public Radio, where McPartland was the host of the show "Piano Jazz."
She became a fixture in the jazz world over a career that spanned more than six decades.
McPartland was married to Chicago cornetist Jimmy McPartland. He died in 1991.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 2 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard 17 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures 23 min ago
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits