Kenneth Conley plans to plead guilty to downtown jail escape
August 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Convicted bank robber Kenneth Conley is ready to plead guilty to jail escape charges.
Conley and another inmate slid down a rope made of bed sheets in a daring escape from the metropolitan correctional center last December.
The other inmate was quickly captured.
Conley was on the run until police caught up with him in January in Palos Hills.
The U.S. attorney's office says Conley plead guilty to jail escape charges in court in October.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake