Judge makes prison recommendations for Jackson, Jr, wife
August 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A federal judge has made prison recommendations for Jesse Jackson Jr and Sandi Jackson.
A U.S. judge in Washington on August 15 handed the ex-Illinois congressman a 2 1/2-year prison term and his wife a yearlong sentence for misusing $750,000 in campaign funds.
In a court filing, the judge suggested Jesee Jackson Jr. be sent to a prison near Washington DC if Jackson does not get his first choice of Montgomery, Alabama.
The judge also recommended a prison close to Washington for Sandi Jackson if she doesn't get her request of Marriana, Florida.
The federal bureau of prisons has final say in where they will serve their time.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 40 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway 8 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 1 min ago
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan 19 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake