Family marches in memory of teen shot to death
August 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of a Chicago teeen who was shot and killed wants an end to the violence and they're calling on someone to come forward with information about their son's death.
The parents of DaQuan Boyd joined members of greater St. John Bible Church for a march through the West Side.
Boyd was shot to death Saturday night as he and a friend walked home from a festival.
"Just missing his smile, the love that he had for his family, the energy that he possessed each and every day of his 18 years on this earth," said Boyd's father, George Spivey.
Boyd's friend was wounded in the shooting. Chicago police have not made any arrests.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits