Family marches in memory of teen shot to death
August 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of a Chicago teeen who was shot and killed wants an end to the violence and they're calling on someone to come forward with information about their son's death.
The parents of DaQuan Boyd joined members of greater St. John Bible Church for a march through the West Side.
Boyd was shot to death Saturday night as he and a friend walked home from a festival.
"Just missing his smile, the love that he had for his family, the energy that he possessed each and every day of his 18 years on this earth," said Boyd's father, George Spivey.
Boyd's friend was wounded in the shooting. Chicago police have not made any arrests.
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 3 min ago
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
27 min ago