Family marches in memory of teen shot to death
August 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of a Chicago teeen who was shot and killed wants an end to the violence and they're calling on someone to come forward with information about their son's death.
The parents of DaQuan Boyd joined members of greater St. John Bible Church for a march through the West Side.
Boyd was shot to death Saturday night as he and a friend walked home from a festival.
"Just missing his smile, the love that he had for his family, the energy that he possessed each and every day of his 18 years on this earth," said Boyd's father, George Spivey.
Boyd's friend was wounded in the shooting. Chicago police have not made any arrests.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 58 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 58 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River 24 min ago
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home