2 girls report being chased by 3 men in Austin
August 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two girls say three men got out of a van and chased them on the city's Northwest Side last month.
On July 26, at approximately 7:45 p.m., two girls were walking north on the 1800-block of North Rutherford Ave. when an unknown make/model of van parked a few feet away. Three men got out of the vehicle and began running toward the girls. The girls ran toward home. The mother of one of the girls saw the incident and ran toward the unknown men, who then turned around, running back to their vehicle. They drove off westbound on Bloomingdale Ave., and then northbound in the west alley of the 1800 block of North Rutherford Ave.
All three were described as black men, 20-26 years old, 5'8", 150-175 lbs. One had a light complexion, with a low curly Afro. One man was wearing a dark green sweatshirt, light grey sweatpants with neon green boxers visible.
The vehicle was described as a minivan, two-tone brown with a lighter brown on the lower half of the vehicle.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos