Community prepares for start of school
August 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There was a big push Friday night to make sure Chicago students are in class for the first day of school on Monday.
Friday evening community members were at the Green Line station on East Garfield passing out information about the first day of school.
This is part of the Million Father March, which encourages men to be involved in their children's education. That march and parade was scheduled Saturday at 11 a.m. at 45th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 10 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 12, 2014
12 min ago
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
10 min ago