Community prepares for start of school
August 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There was a big push Friday night to make sure Chicago students are in class for the first day of school on Monday.
Friday evening community members were at the Green Line station on East Garfield passing out information about the first day of school.
This is part of the Million Father March, which encourages men to be involved in their children's education. That march and parade was scheduled Saturday at 11 a.m. at 45th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos