Community prepares for start of school
August 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There was a big push Friday night to make sure Chicago students are in class for the first day of school on Monday.
Friday evening community members were at the Green Line station on East Garfield passing out information about the first day of school.
This is part of the Million Father March, which encourages men to be involved in their children's education. That march and parade was scheduled Saturday at 11 a.m. at 45th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat 29 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home