Community prepares for start of school
August 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There was a big push Friday night to make sure Chicago students are in class for the first day of school on Monday.
Friday evening community members were at the Green Line station on East Garfield passing out information about the first day of school.
This is part of the Million Father March, which encourages men to be involved in their children's education. That march and parade was scheduled Saturday at 11 a.m. at 45th Street and Cottage Grove Avenue.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 9 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day... 15 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD