Roof collapses as CFD battle S. Side fire
Augsut 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago firefighters received a scare Friday evening when part of a roof gave way as they battled a fire in the 8000-block of South Marquette in the South Shore neighborhood.
The firefighters all got out safely.
Ten people who lived in the building were displaced.
A Chicago Fire Department vehicle headed to the scene was involved in an accident at 79th Street and Stony Island.
There was no word on any injuries from that incident.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 57 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 29 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake