Roof collapses as CFD battle S. Side fire
Augsut 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago firefighters received a scare Friday evening when part of a roof gave way as they battled a fire in the 8000-block of South Marquette in the South Shore neighborhood.
The firefighters all got out safely.
Ten people who lived in the building were displaced.
A Chicago Fire Department vehicle headed to the scene was involved in an accident at 79th Street and Stony Island.
There was no word on any injuries from that incident.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 36 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race 31 min ago
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 2 min ago