Lakeview sees more robberies overnight
August 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There were at least two more robberies overnight in the Lakeview neighborhood.
Chicago police say a person cell phone was taken during an altercation on the 3500 block of Halsted Street just after 3 a.m.
Another incident happened near Addison and Clark. The victim told police he also had his wallet stolen by one person while another person hit him with an arm cast.
The robberies are the latest in an uptick of crime in the neighborhood.
As Chuck Goudie and the ABC7 I-Team reported last week, Lakeview's Boystown area had more robberies in the last three months than any area of the city.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 11 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say 46 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
11 min ago
- 2014 International Home + Housewares Show
15 min ago