Lakeview sees more robberies overnight
August 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There were at least two more robberies overnight in the Lakeview neighborhood.
Chicago police say a person cell phone was taken during an altercation on the 3500 block of Halsted Street just after 3 a.m.
Another incident happened near Addison and Clark. The victim told police he also had his wallet stolen by one person while another person hit him with an arm cast.
The robberies are the latest in an uptick of crime in the neighborhood.
As Chuck Goudie and the ABC7 I-Team reported last week, Lakeview's Boystown area had more robberies in the last three months than any area of the city.
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 13 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 27 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake