Dan Ryan outbound lanes reopened after fuel spill
August 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The local lanes of the Dan Ryan Expressway were reopened near 59th Street Sunday after a fuel spill caused state police to divert traffic off early in the morning.
During the partial shut down, drivers were being allowed to get back on at 63rd Street.
Express lanes were not shut down, but they were moving slowly due to heavy traffic volume.
Police initially responded to the call at approximately 5:30 a.m. Sunday, but the clean-up effort lasted hours.
Crews called for a hazardous materials response for the spill.
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- No injuries at South Side high-rise fire
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- Homewood bank robbers hiding in complex, police say
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- Paul Konerko signs White Sox 1-year extension
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- Ventra progress report shows major improvement