Alleged Louis Vuitton backpack thief posted Facebook pics
August 26, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) (WLS) -- A northwest suburban man is charged with felony robbery and theft after he allegedly posted a picture of himself on Facebook holding a stolen Louis Vuitton backpack.
Malcolm Williams, 19, was also identified from video taken during the robbery August 4. The victim told police several men dragged him behind an Elgin gas station and took his backpack.
The victim was able to give police the men's license plate number. And he later identified his backpack in the picture on Williams' Facebook page.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 57 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 28 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 48 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
57 min ago