Person of interest in baseball bat attack on cop
August 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are questioning a person of interest in connection with a baseball bat attack that left a police officer seriously injured.
The officer was struck in the head with the bat while trying to break up a fight early Saturday morning in the 5700 block of South Winchester Avenue in West Englewood.
The officer was taken to the John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in serious condition.
Authorities are now speaking with "person of interest" in connection with the attack.
So far, no charges have been filed.
Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this story.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas