Person of interest in baseball bat attack on cop
August 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are questioning a person of interest in connection with a baseball bat attack that left a police officer seriously injured.
The officer was struck in the head with the bat while trying to break up a fight early Saturday morning in the 5700 block of South Winchester Avenue in West Englewood.
The officer was taken to the John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in serious condition.
Authorities are now speaking with "person of interest" in connection with the attack.
So far, no charges have been filed.
Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this story.
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep freeze 28 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 37 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song 38 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep...
28 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases...
38 min ago
- 1985 Chicago Bears Book
58 min ago