Bloomingdale Trail groundbreaking set Tuesday
August 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office says ground will be broken Tuesday on the Bloomingdale Trail in Bucktown.
The Bloomingdale Trail is a nearly three-mile multipurpose elevated trail, which is set to open fall 2014.
The trail runs west to east along Bloomingdale Avenue from Ridgeway Avenue on the west to Ashland Avenue on the east.
The mayor's office describes the trail as an urban oasis and a community connector for the Bucktown, Wicker Park, Logan Square and Humboldt Park neighborhoods.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers 14 min ago
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 39 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Several injured in Racine pile-up 20 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela 10 min ago
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
2 min ago
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
14 min ago
- Several injured in Racine pile-up
20 min ago
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
10 min ago