Cook County board members call for remaining Metra board members to resign
August 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four Cook County board members are asking the three Metra board members from Cook County to submit letters of resignation.
The resolution criticized the board for "lack of proper oversight."
It said "the public has grown suspicious and skeptical" of the board, which makes it impossible for the board members to maintain "public confidence."
The resolution asks that the board members stay on the job until they're replaced.
Separately, the Metra board appointed Don Orseno as interim executive director.
He's been running Metra operations.
metra news, local
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 20 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 51 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster 50 min ago
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Russia, Crimean politicians discuss referendum 37 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire 24 min ago
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
20 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
51 min ago