Cook County board members call for remaining Metra board members to resign
August 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Four Cook County board members are asking the three Metra board members from Cook County to submit letters of resignation.
The resolution criticized the board for "lack of proper oversight."
It said "the public has grown suspicious and skeptical" of the board, which makes it impossible for the board members to maintain "public confidence."
The resolution asks that the board members stay on the job until they're replaced.
Separately, the Metra board appointed Don Orseno as interim executive director.
He's been running Metra operations.
metra news, local
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 53 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 58 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 28 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released 36 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos