Girl, 9, drowns near Fox Lake boat launch in Ingleside
August 27, 2013 (INGLESIDE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 9-year-old girl drowned while swimming near a boat launch on Fox Lake in far north suburban Ingleside.
It happened around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday night.
ABC7 was told the girl was swimming with other children when she went under the water. When she didn't surface, some adults pulled her to shore.
She later died at the hospital.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...