Girl, 9, drowns near Fox Lake boat launch in Ingleside
August 27, 2013 (INGLESIDE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A 9-year-old girl drowned while swimming near a boat launch on Fox Lake in far north suburban Ingleside.
It happened around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday night.
ABC7 was told the girl was swimming with other children when she went under the water. When she didn't surface, some adults pulled her to shore.
She later died at the hospital.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 39 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 15, charged in shooting of boy, 14, on city's South Side 59 min ago
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77