Search called off for man in Lake Michigan near 57th Street
August 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Authorities called off a search for a man who might have gone missing while rafting in Lake Michigan near Jackson Park.
The Chicago Police Marine Unit and the Chicago Fire Department searched the area but found no sign of him.
The 54-year-old man was with his brother at the beach near the 5700-block of South Lake Shore Drive Tuesday at approximately 10 p.m.
It is possible crews could resume the search at some point Wednesday.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break 40 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan 46 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 46 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
49 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
40 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
46 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
46 min ago