Charges filed in baseball bat attack on officer
August 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges were filed in the brutal baseball bat attack that occurred in the Englewood neighborhood.
Tythia Thigpen, 29, is due in court Wednesday.
Thigpen is charged with hitting a Chicago police officer with a baseball bat in the Englewood neighborhood early Saturday morning.
The officer was seriously hit, but has since been released from the hospital.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store 40 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 1 min ago
- City: Kup statue not stolen, out for repairs 44 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Western closed St. Paul to Mofftt over weekend 4 min ago
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 32 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake 2 min ago