Charges filed in baseball bat attack on officer
August 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges were filed in the brutal baseball bat attack that occurred in the Englewood neighborhood.
Tythia Thigpen, 29, is due in court Wednesday.
Thigpen is charged with hitting a Chicago police officer with a baseball bat in the Englewood neighborhood early Saturday morning.
The officer was seriously hit, but has since been released from the hospital.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 30 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault 29 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence 59 min ago
- Culver's in Carol Stream raises money child with leukemia 4 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
30 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
29 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
22 min ago