CTA says it has fixed Ventra fare card glitch
August 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- On Wednesday, the Chicago Transit Authority said it has updated the Ventra fare card system after some students reported problems with their cards.
Some students said their card showed a zero balance even after they loaded money into the cards.
The CTA says the glitch was caused on the first day because there were so many people downloading at the same time.
Students got their Ventra cards early.
The full Ventra rollout is scheduled to start September 9.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas