Woman accused of leaving toddler in hot van
August 28, 2013 (SCHERERVILLE, Ind.) (WLS) -- A northwest Indiana woman is accused of leaving her 1-year-old daughter inside a van on a day the temperature was 100 degrees.
Leah Grentzer of Schererville is charged with neglect of a dependent. The incident happened August 18 in a supermarket parking lot.
Police say Grentzer told them she forgot the child was in the van.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake