Woman accused of leaving toddler in hot van
August 28, 2013 (SCHERERVILLE, Ind.) (WLS) -- A northwest Indiana woman is accused of leaving her 1-year-old daughter inside a van on a day the temperature was 100 degrees.
Leah Grentzer of Schererville is charged with neglect of a dependent. The incident happened August 18 in a supermarket parking lot.
Police say Grentzer told them she forgot the child was in the van.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains 59 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
54 min ago