Gary Dailey honored for helping police arrest 4th of July robbery suspect
August 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago Alderman honored a Good Samaritan Wednesday for helping police arrest a robbery suspect in the Gold Coast.
On the Fourth of July, Gary Dailey ran after a man who stole the cell phone from a woman with her small child.
He chased after the suspect for four blocks.
Then Dailey got the attention of Chicago police officers, who stopped the suspect at the Division Street underpass.
Dailey explains why he ran after the man.
"It was just so awful seeing someone that size grabbing a woman and child and taking her phone," said Gary Dailey, Good Samaritan.
Dailey's family, including his brother who is a Chicago police officer, was also on hand to recognize his efforts.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 17 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 12 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra delays after man hit by train on NW Side
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 51 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago 52 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather 38 min ago
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park...
17 min ago
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
12 min ago