Gary Dailey honored for helping police arrest 4th of July robbery suspect
August 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago Alderman honored a Good Samaritan Wednesday for helping police arrest a robbery suspect in the Gold Coast.
On the Fourth of July, Gary Dailey ran after a man who stole the cell phone from a woman with her small child.
He chased after the suspect for four blocks.
Then Dailey got the attention of Chicago police officers, who stopped the suspect at the Division Street underpass.
Dailey explains why he ran after the man.
"It was just so awful seeing someone that size grabbing a woman and child and taking her phone," said Gary Dailey, Good Samaritan.
Dailey's family, including his brother who is a Chicago police officer, was also on hand to recognize his efforts.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 16 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing 46 min ago
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp 37 min ago
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery 24 min ago
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass 37 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Ready For Spring Planting
18 min ago
- Daily Herald: Aspiring Park Ranger
21 min ago