Pedestrian struck, killed by train in Wheaton
August 29, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- An eastbound freight train in west suburban Wheaton struck and killed a pedestrian early Thursday morning.
The unidentified victim is a 37-year old man.
This happened around 7:45 Thursday morning along the Union Pacific tracks near North Hale Street.
Police say there's no railroad crossing at that location.
The incident delayed some Metra trains however service is now getting back to normal.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 10 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 5 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones 31 min ago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos