Elderly man fatally struck by car in Skokie
August 29, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- An 84-year-old Skokie man was struck by a car and killed Thursday morning while crossing Oakton at Knox.
The accident took place around 6 a.m. in front of Oakton Park. The driver did stop and is being questioned. No charges or citations had been issued as of 11 a.m.
Police say the victim was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead about an hour later. The striking vehicle was headed eastbound on Oakton St. and struck the pedestrian, walking southbound across Oakton St. in front of Oakton Park.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...