Kirk, Rush to tour gang-plagued Englewood
August 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- United States Senator Mark Kirk plans to join Illinois Congressman Bobby Rush Thursday on a tour of Chicago's Englewood neighborhood that is often plagued by gang violence.
Thursday's tour is a result of harsh criticism Kirk received earlier this year when he called for the arrest of up to 18,000 disciple gang members.
A spokesperson for rush says the tour is an effort to address urban violence and spur economic growth in the Englewood community.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 21 min ago
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 41 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind. 11 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid 19 min ago
- CTA eyes Red Line extension proposals 14 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 55 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
51 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos