Man shot a block from Bass School
August 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police are looking for a shooter who wounded a man just a block away from a school.
The shooting happened at 64th and May near the Bass School on the South Side. The man in his twenties was wounded in the leg and buttocks and is in stable condition.
A CPS spokesperson says students at the school were brought inside the building after the shooting nearby, which is standard protocol. The shooting happened near the school but not on school grounds and otherwise students were not impacted.
CPS released a statement: "Bass School students were on school property and not near the incident in any way. However, out of an abundance of caution, school officials took additional preventive steps to ensure students remained safe. As always, we work with police and others to ensure that our students have a safe and secure learning environment every day."
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...