Man shot a block from Bass School
August 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police are looking for a shooter who wounded a man just a block away from a school.
The shooting happened at 64th and May near the Bass School on the South Side. The man in his twenties was wounded in the leg and buttocks and is in stable condition.
A CPS spokesperson says students at the school were brought inside the building after the shooting nearby, which is standard protocol. The shooting happened near the school but not on school grounds and otherwise students were not impacted.
CPS released a statement: "Bass School students were on school property and not near the incident in any way. However, out of an abundance of caution, school officials took additional preventive steps to ensure students remained safe. As always, we work with police and others to ensure that our students have a safe and secure learning environment every day."
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 53 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home