Champaign man charged in University of Illinois blowgun dart shootings
August 30, 2013 (CHAMPAIGN, Ill.) -- A 19-year-old Champaign man has been charged with aggravated battery after two people were shot with blowgun darts as they walked on the University of Illinois campus.
Todd Farthing was charged with two felony counts Friday in Champaign County Circuit Court. He has not entered a plea and court records didn't indicate whether he has an attorney.
Police say they arrested Farthing after getting an anonymous tip.
One dart hit a 21-year-old woman in her left forearm as she walked through a cross walk on the night of Aug. 20. Later that night a 35-year-old man was struck in his left forearm. Both were treated at a local hospital.
Police say both were treated for their injuries at a local hospital.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 20 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
20 min ago
- Year-End Financial Tips
14 min ago