Coroner says extreme heat factored into Kankakee man's death
August 30, 2013 (KANKAKEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Kankakee coroner says that high temperatures inside the home of a man may have attributed to his death.
Duane Lovell, 72, was found dead in the attic of his home Thursday.
Investigators say temperatures in the attic were at least 130 degrees.
The Kankakee County coroner is working to determine the exact cause of death but says the extreme heat was a factor.
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday 17 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world 1 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 20 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Toy Parade gathers gifts for children in need
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
17 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in...
1 min ago