CTA waives Ventra card's $5 one-time fee
August 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA is waiving the $5 fee for those who make the switch to the new Ventra card.
The CTA said replacements are being made for existing CTA and Pace transit cards.
CTA customers will immediately be refunded for the fee, and will be able to apply the refund to a fare.
Ventra cards can be purchased online at train stations and at more than 2,000 retail locations.
- Officer in good condition following police chase 1 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...