Merrimac Park welcomes new playground
August 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's Dunning community has a new state-of-the art playground.
Residents joined Mayor Rahm Emanuel for a ribbon-cutting ceremony at Merrimac Park.
The new playground features rubberized soft surfaces and spray fountains.
It's part of a plan to build and improve parks throughout the city so that every Chicagoan can enjoy a walk of less than a ten minutes to a park.
rahm emanuel, local
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 59 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges 50 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD