New Albany Park library breaks ground
August 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A ground breaking ceremony was held to make way for a new Chicago Public Library on the Northwest Side.
The new Albany Park branch library will be nearly 6,000 square feet larger than the previous library which served the community for the 50 years.
It will feature a separate teen space and a landscaped reading garden.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year