Police officer attacked by dog as suspect fires shots
August 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An armed robbery turned into a manhunt Saturday morning on Chicago's Northwest Side.
It happened around 4 a.m. near the 4500-block of North Christiana.
Three suspects robbed a woman at gunpoint. One of the suspects took off after shooting the victim in the neck.
Police later spotted the men in the 5300-block of North Kimball.
They managed to arrested two suspects. The third took off and officers opened fire after the suspect reportedly pointed a gun at them.
"Point the gun at police, they are going to protect themselves, you're going to get shot," said Pat Camden, Fraternal Order of Police spokesperson.
One of the officers was bitten by a police department canine unit dog during the shooting. She was taken to the hospital and will be OK.
Both the suspect and the victim have minor injuries.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 46 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77