Police officer attacked by dog as suspect fires shots
August 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An armed robbery turned into a manhunt Saturday morning on Chicago's Northwest Side.
It happened around 4 a.m. near the 4500-block of North Christiana.
Three suspects robbed a woman at gunpoint. One of the suspects took off after shooting the victim in the neck.
Police later spotted the men in the 5300-block of North Kimball.
They managed to arrested two suspects. The third took off and officers opened fire after the suspect reportedly pointed a gun at them.
"Point the gun at police, they are going to protect themselves, you're going to get shot," said Pat Camden, Fraternal Order of Police spokesperson.
One of the officers was bitten by a police department canine unit dog during the shooting. She was taken to the hospital and will be OK.
Both the suspect and the victim have minor injuries.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 21 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
21 min ago