Police officer attacked by dog as suspect fires shots
August 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An armed robbery turned into a manhunt Saturday morning on Chicago's Northwest Side.
It happened around 4 a.m. near the 4500-block of North Christiana.
Three suspects robbed a woman at gunpoint. One of the suspects took off after shooting the victim in the neck.
Police later spotted the men in the 5300-block of North Kimball.
They managed to arrested two suspects. The third took off and officers opened fire after the suspect reportedly pointed a gun at them.
"Point the gun at police, they are going to protect themselves, you're going to get shot," said Pat Camden, Fraternal Order of Police spokesperson.
One of the officers was bitten by a police department canine unit dog during the shooting. She was taken to the hospital and will be OK.
Both the suspect and the victim have minor injuries.
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 3 min ago
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam 9 min ago
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos