Child, 9, hit by Aurora police vehicle
August 31, 2013 (AURORA, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police is west suburban Aurora said they were investigating an accident involving a police squad car and a child during Friday night's storms.
According to police, a 9-year-old child ran into the street with another child as wind and rain rolled through the area around 7 p.m., and the child was hit. Aurora police say the officer administered first aid at the scene.
The child was hospitalized with internal injuries.
The other child was not hit.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 9 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 54 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos