Teen critical after Uptown shooting
August 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A teenager is in critical condition after a shooting Saturday night in the Uptown neighborhood.
It happened shortly after six o'clock in the 1000 block of West Wilson.
According to the Chicago Fire Department a 16-year-old boy was shot in the head. Police say a man in his 20s was struck in the wrist.
Investigators say both victims have known gang affiliations but it is unclear if the shooting was gang related.
chicago violence, local
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 10 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore 8 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos