Chicago crime down in August 2013
September 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police say crime in the city was down last month compared to statistics from the same time last year.
Forty-seven fewer shootings were reported in August 2013 than in August 2012, and there were six fewer murders in August 2013 than in August 2012.
During the month of August 2013, Chicago police say they recovered more than 680 illegal guns.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 18 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery 10 min ago
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan
- No injuries at South Side high-rise fire
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- Paul Konerko signs White Sox 1-year extension
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen