River North hit-and-run hurts nightclub security guard
September 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 22-year-old nightclub security guard was hurt in a hit-and-run in the River North area early Monday.
The security guard was hit while directing traffic in front of the Boardroom Nightclub shortly before 4 a.m.
Chicago police say bar patrons were leaving the nightclub on Erie and Orleans when a dark-colored, possibly gray, BMW traveling eastbound on Erie hit the guard.
No one else was injured in the incident.
There was no immediate description of the driver and no license plate number was released.
The security guard was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he was in stable condition and was expected to be OK.
There was no word on if there were any security cameras in the area that caught the hit-and-run on video.
local, jessica d'onofrio
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD