Danville Corrections Center locked down due to virus outbreak
September 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Danville Correctional Center was off limits to visitors Monday because of illness among the inmates.
Testing shows the outbreak is a respiratory virus -- not influenza.
Seventy-one inmates have been infected, including eight new cases on Saturday.
Various parts of the prison remained in different modes of lockdown Monday to prevent the illness from spreading.
The virus is said to be highly contagious.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 24 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 25 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout 14 min ago
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
23 min ago