Danville Corrections Center locked down due to virus outbreak
September 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Danville Correctional Center was off limits to visitors Monday because of illness among the inmates.
Testing shows the outbreak is a respiratory virus -- not influenza.
Seventy-one inmates have been infected, including eight new cases on Saturday.
Various parts of the prison remained in different modes of lockdown Monday to prevent the illness from spreading.
The virus is said to be highly contagious.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 42 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 4 min ago
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 16 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'