Man accused in campground beating
September 2, 2013 (PIERCETON, Ind.) (WLS) -- A Glenwood man is facing felony battery charges after a woman is severely beaten at a campground in Indiana.
The incident happened around 11 Sunday morning at Jellystone Campground in Pierceton which is near Fort Wayne.
Michael Patrick Zimny, 54, is accused of beating a 24-year-old woman after a dispute over the use of a dryer at the laundry facility.
The woman was transported to a hospital in critical condition.
Zimny is currently being held without bond.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos