Naperville Central graduate Bryce Laspisa missing near Los Angeles
September 3, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- A search is under way for a Naperville Central graduate missing in southern California.
Bryce Laspisa, 19, disappeared early Friday. His overturned SUV was found at a boat launch north of Los Angeles.
Sheriff's deputies say LaSpisa was able to break out the back window and walk away from the crash.
According to officers, dog teams tracked his scent to the edge of the lake.
"That's what I'm hoping for, that maybe somebody took him in, doesn't know who he is and weren't smart enough to call the hospital or police," said Brian David, uncle.
Laspisa and his parents moved from Naperville to California. He is attending college there.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans