Naperville Central graduate Bryce Laspisa missing near Los Angeles
September 3, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- A search is under way for a Naperville Central graduate missing in southern California.
Bryce Laspisa, 19, disappeared early Friday. His overturned SUV was found at a boat launch north of Los Angeles.
Sheriff's deputies say LaSpisa was able to break out the back window and walk away from the crash.
According to officers, dog teams tracked his scent to the edge of the lake.
"That's what I'm hoping for, that maybe somebody took him in, doesn't know who he is and weren't smart enough to call the hospital or police," said Brian David, uncle.
Laspisa and his parents moved from Naperville to California. He is attending college there.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot