Vienna Beef fined $53K for safety violations at Chicago meat processing plant
September 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Vienna Beef is being $53,000 by federal regulators for safety violations at its plant in Chicago.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration says an inspection revealed 10 serious violations.
The company makes hot dogs, sausages and deli meats.
Vienna Beef has 15 business days to contest the penalties and fine.
If it does not appeal, the company must pay the fine and correct all violations.
chicago news, local
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher reported missing 10 min ago
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica 27 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos