Police: 45 Morton Grove golf carts destroyed by arson at Chick Evans Golf Course
September 4, 2013 (MORTON GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police are calling a Labor Day fire arson after it nearly wiped out the golf cart fleet at a northwest suburban golf course.
Forty five golf carts were destroyed Monday when the fire spread through Chick Evans Golf Course in Morton Grove.
Authorities say a "tiki torch" was used to ignite the flames.
Carts are worth about $3,000 each. The total is around $135,000.
Officials say about two dozen carts were untouched by the flames.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 36 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 41 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 56 min ago
- 7 in :77