Police: 45 Morton Grove golf carts destroyed by arson at Chick Evans Golf Course
September 4, 2013 (MORTON GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police are calling a Labor Day fire arson after it nearly wiped out the golf cart fleet at a northwest suburban golf course.
Forty five golf carts were destroyed Monday when the fire spread through Chick Evans Golf Course in Morton Grove.
Authorities say a "tiki torch" was used to ignite the flames.
Carts are worth about $3,000 each. The total is around $135,000.
Officials say about two dozen carts were untouched by the flames.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 46 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- Dog rescued from icy Lake Michigan 11 min ago
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago 50 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine 41 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD