Police: 45 Morton Grove golf carts destroyed by arson at Chick Evans Golf Course
September 4, 2013 (MORTON GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police are calling a Labor Day fire arson after it nearly wiped out the golf cart fleet at a northwest suburban golf course.
Forty five golf carts were destroyed Monday when the fire spread through Chick Evans Golf Course in Morton Grove.
Authorities say a "tiki torch" was used to ignite the flames.
Carts are worth about $3,000 each. The total is around $135,000.
Officials say about two dozen carts were untouched by the flames.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 33 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 49 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 27 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 5 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 10 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
51 min ago
- 7 in :77
13 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
33 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
49 min ago