Woman wanted in Chicago murder arrested in Minn.
September 5, 2013 (WLS) -- A Chicago homicide suspect who allegedly shot a woman to death was arrested in Rochester, Minn., Tuesday night.
According to the Rochester Police Department, Khalila Southall was arrested after an officer responded to a domestic call in the 100 block of 8th Avenue S.E. KAAL-TV reports the officer grew suspicious when Southall gave a false name. The officer was able to determine her real name and that she had a homicide warrant out for a shooting in Chicago.
Police say Southall was wanted for a shooting in which she and another female got into a fight at a gas station on August 26 in Chicago. Southall eventually shot the victim twice, killing her.
Police say there is surveillance video of the shooting. Rochester police were aware that Southall may be in Rochester. She was in custody at the Olmsted County Detention Center awaiting transfer.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 2 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 11 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 8 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 6 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago 21 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
2 min ago