Woman wanted in Chicago murder arrested in Minn.
September 5, 2013 (WLS) -- A Chicago homicide suspect who allegedly shot a woman to death was arrested in Rochester, Minn., Tuesday night.
According to the Rochester Police Department, Khalila Southall was arrested after an officer responded to a domestic call in the 100 block of 8th Avenue S.E. KAAL-TV reports the officer grew suspicious when Southall gave a false name. The officer was able to determine her real name and that she had a homicide warrant out for a shooting in Chicago.
Police say Southall was wanted for a shooting in which she and another female got into a fight at a gas station on August 26 in Chicago. Southall eventually shot the victim twice, killing her.
Police say there is surveillance video of the shooting. Rochester police were aware that Southall may be in Rochester. She was in custody at the Olmsted County Detention Center awaiting transfer.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 4 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 8 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 15 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives
- Go offline for National Day of Unplugging 34 min ago